17 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

'Metudent'


Life in such a beautiful university can be easily adaptable to an ordinary person and if this university is Metu it’s even easier .When I first came to here I was not all alone thanks to two friends of mine entering the same university.However,all the things around us was so foreign,or we were so foreigner.Firstly,I amazed by its vast border and abundance of greens.It was different from what I expected in a university in Ankara.Still anytime I walk in our campus,I have a feeling like after a step there would be sea.Secondly,people was standing on the line while waiting bus and this is not a familiar fact I have seen in my city.We have to fight one another to get on the bus. My first weeks was not that much good.Everyone around us was rushing to go somewhere or to do something,However,our time wasn’t flowing as fast as theirs and we could not fill the hours.In addition to this,we were missing our parents,mostly mothers,too much and one night we came back together with my high school friends and cried like a child.It was the moment that changes everything.Although it was my worst weeks in Metu,I could overcome it in a short time and start enjoying the facilities I have got.I went to gym 4 times a week and participate in social groups such as Ankara Volunteering Team and BEST.I think attending the groups actively made me more self-confident and brave person.To conclude,I want to advice new comers not to be pessimist but try to appreciate the superiorities we’ve got than other university students.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder